Where realities combine!
CoMUX1 is a superhero-based RPG with a focus on providing a wide variety of RP within a relatively cohesive and persistent world. That means the stuff our characters do not only affects the world, it helps to define what sort of future that world will have. Players are invited to create characters, taking on the various roles of heroes and villains, not to mention all the guys in between… even the poor Regular Joes caught in the middle of it all.
Welcome to CoMux!
Anyone that participates in CoMux must be aware of the following:
- Although CANON in source, respectfully, this is, and always will be, a NON-CANON game, meaning do not app, RP, or determine things are going to happen based on the comic book character you choose (the character's concept, image and idea must still match a canonical source - the story is where things change the most). Things may be asked of you to tweak or remove completely due to this. You cannot justify an action, reaction, application, or character history based on what has happened in the chosen comics or books. They are all based on your take, as you are the current writer, so be creative! Characters also may have already been played here. You are not asked to be the prior player, but just to simply honor their prior interaction with others as it effects them too. Mind, this is your take when you pick the bit up so you do not have to keep it but RP might be asked of you to reasonably make it change! That is not always a bad thing. Please keep this in mind and review Current and Previously Played MC's. If you do not like this, Original Characters are more than welcome!
- The theme and timeline are still evolving and may are subject to change as time goes on. This may affect your character's history. So be aware of the games theme and timeline when apping, as well as prior logged RP if the character was played before. Timeline and Theme
- Any logs/scenes that take place here run the risk of becoming retconned once the theme, history, and final settings have been determined. But, we are generally working to make that as rare a case as possible.
- Errors, glitches, and bugs are very likely to occur. While we always do our best to minimize these issues, it's guaranteed Something Unexpected Will Happen.
- RP interaction should be considered 'at your own risk.' There is no lifeguard on duty. But there are staffers around to lend a hand or two.
Stories will range from large, game-changing inter-faction politics and corporate boardroom deals to small, character-driven interpersonal relationships and back-alley encounters. There will be overarching metaplots, that will help direct the world's development. But, you get out of the game whatever you put into it. Thus, players are highly encouraged to get as actively involved as they possibly can in all facets of play. This means you, too, could craft a metaplot and Change the World!
At this point, please remember that almost every aspect of the game is in a state of flux. We staffer folk have our hands mighty full holding this ship together, but we're here to play, too. Just like you.
So, don't mind the dust, and watch out for the power tools.
Point your MUD or TELNET client to: